Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Untitled

I know this is going to be late but once again it's not my problem. Comcast (my server) is up and down this morning. I've caught it on an up cycle and just hope I'll be able to publish this when I'm ready. I don't know what's up with our server but lately we've had really rotten service. It's up one minute and down the next. It's already 11:30 and that means this blog is going to be really, really late. I always shoot for noon but I never seem to quite make it. But most of the time it's only a little late. This one will be very late. Sorry.

I noticed About Me was back up on my blog yesterday. Don't know where it went there for a couple days but I'm glad it's back. Like Skatemama, the blogger doesn't always make sense to me. So I just do my best and go along with the flow and hope it all holds together.

Michael has gone to the library and the house is quiet. Nice. Sometimes the quiet can be quite soothing. Michael goes through so many books. He averages a book or two a week. I used to do a lot of reading too but anymore it's like if I have time to read, I want to spend it reading the Bible or something else uplifting and upbuilding. And I've always had trouble falling asleep. I spent that time reading but I know the experts say that if you have trouble falling asleep you shouldn't read. You should make bedtime be your bedtime, let it signal to the brain that sleep is now desired, not reading. So I've been trying that for the past 6 months or so. If I don't fall asleep within a short period of time, I'll get back up and do something but I won't lie in bed and read. (Well I still do sometimes. But for the most part, I go to bed and turn out the light and go to sleep.) The thing is, when I read before going to sleep I found that I'd just forget what I read anyway. The next night when I wanted to pick up where I left off, I'd find that I'd have to go back a page or so just to remember where I was in my head. But I am in the mood to read a good book so maybe I'll read one of the ones he picks up today. The problem I have reading during the day is that once I start reading I don't want to stop. And I get frustrated when I keep having to put the book aside and do something else. Aw, the trials and tribulations of just making it through my day! LOL.

My granddaughter contacted me on msn last night and informed me that she's going to school full time and working full time. I thought she was only taking a couple classes a week but I was wrong. She carried a full load of 15 units last semester. She should have her AS by the end of this semester. If I'm going to talk about my grandkids, the least I can do is give out accurate information. She's taking chemistry this semester. I hope she does well in it. I know it can be a tough class to take. Hopefully she'll have a good teacher who can make it a lot of fun to learn. I think she said she'll be carrying 12 units this semester and 12 is considered full-time.

We started to watch the Giants vs. Bronco's football game last night but we didn't like the coverage. They weren't showing that much of the game. They were too busy horsing around in the announcer's booth and doing sideline interviews while the game was going on. It was almost like what was going on with the game was just an aside. We found it very frustrating so we didn't watch it very long. Well, let's see what else can I complain about? LOL!

We had a nice dinner last night. I make cottage cheese and peaches salads. They were so yummy. And they were filling and refreshing. Tonight we're going to have a salad again but it's going to be a Caesar salad with grilled chicken pieces and hard-boiled eggs (and anything else I can think to throw in). I've got ranch mixed up so really we'll use whichever we want on our salads. Michael likes to mix ranch and Caesar dressings on his salad. I like one or the other but not both at the same time the way he does. There were two breasts in the chicken we grilled the other night and I'm just going to cut them up and add them on top of the salad. Wish I had some fresh Parmesan to grate over the top of that. I don't like Parmesan cheese out of the bottle but I sure like it fresh.

My daughter-in-law sent me an email, letting me know that she and my grandson drove up to the lookout the other night and watched the meteorite shower. They got to see some big ones (or at least one big one, anyway) and she said she even heard one. On the channel 3 news the other night they talked about a bright light over Tuolumne County being a meteorite but they didn't say anything about being able to hear them. I don't know if I've ever heard of anyone hearing a meteorite before. That's interesting. I should have stayed out longer and watched for them. I don't know how long the shower is supposed to last. Maybe I'll go back out tonight and look for some again. If memory serves me right, the showers usually last for a few days. Can't hurt to go out and look. They said on the news to point your toes toward the NE to see them but I don't know where NE is here. Our road kinda twists around, it's very deceiving. For years I thought our deck faced absolute west but it doesn't look that way on a map. Isn't it amazing that something as small as a grain of sand can light up the night sky the way it does?

My hair was good to go when I washed and styled it. It doesn't look as nice as it looked when my hairdresser had cut and styled it, but it still looks pretty good. It is really short and I would do better with a smaller round brush but I managed. I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to do anything with it. I started cosmetology school back in 1988 (has it been THAT long!!!!) but fell and cracked my leg and had to stay off it for a couple weeks and then was on crutches for several more weeks so I ended up dropping out of the class. I've always enjoyed working with hair and I think I would have made a good hairstylist but I never did go back.

Mario has taken to sleeping on his boxes again. I have a couple Avon boxes stacked up on a table by the hall that he likes to sleep on. The boxes are empty now. I only keep them there for him to lie on. No! me spoil my animals? Never! Anyway when he's sleeping up there and he gets up to change positions, the boxes will creak and squeak. He changes his position quite often so we get to listen to the noise. I kinda like the sound in a weird way but Michael doesn't. What made me think of this is that he just got up and moved around and the boxes started creaking. I know you're bound to find this fascinating! LOL

Yesterday was hotter than I had expected it to be. 104 on the deck. The heat really fooled us last night too. We turned off the cooler about when we usually do and it got hotter inside the house than outside so we ended up turning the cooler back on for a couple hours. We're actually supposed to be in a cooling trend for the rest of this week. Then it will warm up again for a few days. I can take the daytime heat as long as it cools off at night so I can sleep. But personally I think 104 is pretty hot for a cooling trend! Of course, Sacramento, where our news originates, is a different climate from us. They get the delta breeze in to cool things off and we rarely get that breeze. Sometimes we will but it takes longer for it to get to us and it doesn't seem to last as long as it did for Sacramento. But usually it doesn't even factor into our weather. It's like the national news using San Francisco temperatures as THE temp reading for California. San Francisco is in a weather world of its own, and has absolutely no business being considered the temp for California. People back east have no idea how hot it can get out here.

My cousin in Georgia leaves Friday morning for upstate New York on a missions trip. Her church had helped plant a church in New York and they are doing some followup work with the new church. (Hopefully I have that information okay. If I'm wrong, forgive me.) I think she said she would be gone a week. They will make it a point to see Niagara Falls while back there. Sounds like fun. She goes on missions fairly often. I'd love to go but as long as I have animals, I have to stay home and take care of them. One of these days I won't have any, but for now my animals are my babies and I can't just go off and leave them. When Michael was younger it wasn't so hard because he could take care of them. But he's older now and things are a little harder for him to take care of. Hopefully, Betty will have a good trip, get lots of work done and have fun in the process.

Today's Bible verse is Isaiah 33:15-16 and it's a good Scripture to use to show that we reap what we sow. If we live rightly, life will be good for us. If we don't well, then, things don't go so well for us. But even the righteous have difficult lives full of all kinds of trouble and strife sometimes so I think this verse is speaking more of our internal, mental aspects. If we live rightly, we benefit by the way we feel inside, when our spirit relies on the Holy Spirit there is peace and blessings for our soul. Living rightly can bring us material, tangible blessings, too, but it's that inner peace and lack of conflict that we seek to reap for ourselves.

I think that's about it from me for Tuesday. I couldn't think of a title for today (as you could probably tell) so I just stuck Untitled up there. My creative juices aren't flowing today. Every day is different. That's what makes life so much fun!

No comments: