Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mid-Week Blahs

I have no idea where I'm going to go with my blog today. I kind of woke up with the blahs as my title states. I've got all my chores done and I've got the dishes washing right now. I'll need to go open the door to let them air dry in a minute or so. I'm going to make pork fried rice for dinner tonight. We both like it a lot and I have all the ingredients. Last night's pancakes and sausage hit the spot. Funny, they tasted just like waffles only without the grid. Michael popped the left overs into the microwave this morning and ate them for breakfast. I guess you can reheat pancakes but not waffles. Ever tried to reheat a waffle? They get hard and tough, don't they? Not so the pancakes, he said.

I refilled the hummingbird feeder this morning. I noticed the other day it was getting low so I made up the nectar and already had it on hand. For some reason we don't have as many hummingbirds as we used to have. I don't have the slightest idea where they went or what happened to them. At one time we could almost always see one feeding when you looked out there. Now there are so many times that I look out there and not see one feeding. But two came up and lit in the tree branches and watched me hang the feeder and bleed the air lock out of it so I know they're still out there. I just hope the outside cats haven't been having them for lunch. I find Moody with a bird occasionally but they've always been the little green house finches. Poor things.

I noticed how bad our entryway there on the deck looks this morning. I wish I could do something with it. I've tried but I just don't take care of it the way I should. It's so hot and dusty and dirty out there. I should stop right now and go out there and clean it up as best I can. But I won't. I'll finish my blog and then by that time it will be too hot out there and I'll wish I had gone out now. See how I am? I never let myself win, one way or the other. I really need to get rid of my negativity, it isn't healthy.

I just taught myself some things on the computer! Can you believe that? I happened to notice that there are things written on the front side of some of the keys. Things like cut, paste, copy, bold, italics, etc., and if I hold down the control key and hit strike those keys it will do what it says. I didn't know that before. I don't think I'd ever paid attention to what it says on the keys. Now I know something I didn't know before. Someday I may actually learn how to use my computer for something besides emails and blogs. Ya think?

Speaking of emails. I had my meeting with Rita (and Pastor Dan was there for a little while too) yesterday afternoon and I will be emailing out weekly updates to people in the church for the next 15 weeks. Talk about commitment!!! I will also be responsible for a couple other things but I'm not sure exactly when I will do them. If I sat down and read my Action Plan I would probably know. Tam is coming over late this afternoon to see if she can help me on some of my computer tasks I have to do. I'm going to have to schedule some time to just sit and read through all the paperwork I picked up yesterday. Lots of paperwork! This 40 Days of Purpose Campaign is really a b-i-g deal. I hadn't realized just how big an event it will be. I don't actually start doing things until Sept. 2nd. That's 8 weeks before the campaign itself actually starts. Rita is going on a week's vacation, leaving today, and when she gets back we'll meet again with the Rapettis and decide on exactly what plans we're going to do and which one of us will do the groundwork for them. It's hard for me to explain the scope of this campaign, just trust me when I say it's B-I-G. We're talking in numbers of 400 people???? Wouldn't it just be incredible if my little church grew to that size? I keep telling myself that nothing is impossible with God.

Boy! it was hot yesterday. I went out to meet with Rita and ran some errands while I was out in the car and I just about died! I was so hot that sweat was running down my face and neck and dripping from my hair. My face was beet red and I peeled off my clothes as I came in the door. I put on my skimpy shorts and tank top and kicked off my shoes and stood right in front of the cooler and still I was over-heated. I looked at the thermometer and it read 109.9. No wonder I was so hot!! It took me hours to get all that heat that I'd internalized out of my system. Michael went out and sprayed the cooler pads with the hose and that helped some. Mostly we just had to wait for the sun to go down so the cooler could make up lost ground. This cooler we have is really too small for a house this size but it's all we've got. And I give up the use of my glass sliding door to have it too! Trust me, that's a small price to pay. It's probably going to be at least that hot today so Michael started the cooler going early this morning in the hopes of getting a jump on things.

Today's Bible verses are 2Ti 3:16-17: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." This tells me that all Scripture is inspired or God-breathed and not just some of it; all of it. God inspired the ancient writers to pen these truths. He didn't dictate Scripture to them but He did inspire them to write what He wanted written.

I believe Scripture because God says so and for no other reason. God says it, I believe it. I don't believe it because I can prove it. I believe it because He says so. I believe in creation as opposed to evolution, not because I can prove creation, but simply because God says it's so. I believe in the immaculate conception not because I can prove it, but because God says it's so. I know the Bible is absolute truth simply because God says it is. If I can prove what God says by other (scientific) means, that's great. But I believe Scripture for no other reason than that God says it's so. Think back to when people believed the world was flat. In Isaiah 40 the Bible calls the earth a "circle" (sphere). The Bible was accurate when "science" was wrong. So why do I believe what the Bible says? Simply because God says it's so and for no other reason. I believe Scripture was "God-breathed." It's the Word of God given to me so that I might come to know Him and find truth and hope. Without Scripture what hope would I have? Hope in science? Hope in the political world? Only God's Word gives me hope to cling to when things aren't going well for me. Only God's Word keeps my feet on the right path. Only God's Word introduces me to the Love of my life.

Well, I can't seem to get any creative juices flowing this morning. I think I have too much on my mind what with this 40-Day campaign (that's really 15 weeks) running around in my head. I've got to get a grasp around it somehow so I think I'll spend the rest of the day going over all my paperwork to see if I can get the full picture. I have a meeting to go to on the 28th and maybe I'll be able to get more information at that time. It's just that I had no idea the campaign is so large. It's just a huge endeavor we're undertaking. And I have responsibilities now and I want to know what I'm doing and I want to see the way it fits into the entire picture and understand what everyone else is doing. So I think I'll post this now and start reading. I hope you have a terrific day and that God's face shines on you and you come to feel His presence in your life. May He be a part of everything you do today. See you tomorrow.

No comments: