Thursday, August 30, 2007

Too Much

I don't think I can blog today. We had a really difficult night last night because of the heat and hardly got any sleep at all. We barely dipped below 70 degrees for a low and it made for miserable sleeping conditions. It's supposed to cool down a little next week and I'm certainly ready!! Yesterday's high was 114.4 and that's too hot in anyone's mind. I get so tired when it's hot day after day and more than just a little bit grumpy too. I thought we were going to be able to avoid the severe heat this year when we slipped through July with relatively moderate temps. I wasn't prepared for this. I'm not even sure you can prepare for this type of heat. I doubt the A/C would have helped yesterday it was so hot. But who can afford A/C to give it a try?? Certainly not us. Our neighbor told us they had a $400 PG&E bill this month because of running their air conditioner. That's beyond our means. It probably would have made a better sleeping temp if I'd turned it on last night though. Oh well, we're grateful for our cooler. Michael turned it on almost as soon as we got up this morning. Trying anything to get a jump on the heat in hopes that maybe it won't be so bad this afternoon in the house. It was close to 90 in the house yesterday and that's exhausting.

Tomorrow we will go do our shopping and so I won't be able to blog. That makes this a short week for me. I'm just hoping our car won't overheat coming up out of the canyon again. What we should do is consider doing our shopping at night but I'm sure Michael wouldn't like that idea so I won't even mention it to him. But it would make it easier all the way around.

Well, I apologize for not blogging today and hope you have a great weekend. Do whatever's necessary to make it through the heat of the next few days. It's supposed to cool down next week so there's hope in the forecast. I think I'll go drink a gallon of iced tea and see if that will make me feel a little better. Actually I think I need to round up something to eat. When it's hot I don't eat like I should and I end up getting light headed. It's just that nothing tastes good. See you all Monday unless I decide to post on Saturday after washing my car. Take care...

No comments: