Thursday, August 9, 2007

It's Short

The haircut is history and my hair is short, short, short. Just what I wanted. The only thing is she uses a smaller round brush to style it than I have. Hopefully I will be able to style it myself with my bigger brush. I love the back being all cut off. It looks much better and will be easier to take care of I think. It will finger style nicely during the week. I just have to hope I can do something with it come Sunday. Oh well, it will always grow out if I've made a mistake and had her cut it too short. I ran into Joann at the Post Office and she said she loved it. Hopefully she was being truthful. I think it looks great and it will be so much easier to work with.

I was up until 3:00AM this morning with a little tummy troubles and so I ended up sleeping late. I'm glad I had told Michael to be sure I was up by 9:30 or I would have just kept sleeping away. I got up but had no energy. Didn't even get dressed to go for my haircut until 1/2 hour before time to be there. So I don't know how long this blog is going to be today so you'll have to just bear with me. I didn't get my chores done until after I came back from getting my hair cut and I still feel like I've forgotten to do something.

I'm having an awful time finding a doctor I can work with. The doctor I've had for the past 15 years or so got himself in a little bit of trouble and now can't prescribe my medications so I've had to find another doctor willing to do that. I've just half a mind to stop taking all of my meds and just see what will happen. One doctor had said he would okay my refills but I got a call from the pharmacy this morning and he had denied a refill on one of them. Don't know what the problem is there, I just know I'm not in a good place right now. My doctor knew me so well I never had to worry about anything and he saw me every month to go over my medications. Now, it's been months and months since I've really seen a doctor. Every time I contact my doctor's office they tell me he's coming back but he just never seems to make it into his office. His office is open, he's just not there. So it doesn't do me a lot of good to go to his office. I hope he comes back soon. I really need him.

No real news to write about today. I haven't done anything fun for quite some time. I guess I'll have to do something to change that. The thing is, there aren't that many fun things to do that don't cost money to do them and since we seem to always be low in the funds department I don't do a lot. What I'd really like to do for a few days is to go to the coast, down around Morro Bay or Pismo Beach. I haven't been in years and it's so beautiful there. I went with my sister a few times over the years and we always got a room right on the beach. It was so nice and cool. Perfect sleeping weather. If I ever have to relocate again, I hope it's somewhere along the ocean.

Michael's getting anxious for his trip next month. He'll be going to a naval reunion up in Oregon. It will be the first one he's been to since getting out of the navy. He's hoping to see a bunch of his buddies from the ship and see if they all remember each other. I hope he sees several. I've heard so much about them all. I feel like I should go because I know them so well but someone has to stay home and take care of all the animals and that someone always seems to be me. That's all right, I don't mind at all. I don't take well to long trips.

I thought about doubt over the past weekend and decided to write a little about the subject. While doubt is not a sin, it is nevertheless destructive. It fills us with uncertainties, makes us indecisive, and affects our ability to connect rightly with God and receive His wisdom for life. We can know that doubt is at work whenever we struggle to believe one of the following truths:

God loves and accepts us all the time. Most of us accept the Lord's love or deep affection for us when we think we've been "good," but when we've been "bad" in our own eyes, then surely God no longer loves us. But the truth of the matter is that God's love for us doesn't fluctuate according to our behavior. God loves us all the time! How can we be certain of this? Because Rom. 5:8 says, "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." That's the amazing part. That's amazing grace ... God loving us even when we rebel against Him.

God has a plan to forgive us for our disobedience. We know that the Father has promised to forgive us when we confess our sins, but we often have trouble believing that we are forgiven. But we can't and shouldn't use our feelings to determine Truth. God's Word is Truth and it says, "As far as the east if from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." (Ps. 103:12. This was my Scripture verse of the day.)

God has called us to serve Him. Our heavenly Father longs to have us join Him in His work ... helping a family in need, teaching a Sunday School class, taking a position in leadership, or speaking to others about the finished work of Jesus. Doubt's presence means that we will make excuses for why we don't obey or take part, just as Moses did (Ex. 4:10). God made a solemn promise to us, equipping us with every thing we need to do the work He's chosen for us to do (Eph. 2:10). Doubt's opposite is faith and so we strive to limit doubt's occurrence in our lives. If we take steps to steady our faith ... such as Bible reading, fellowship, and instruction ... doubt won't present itself or come along and throw us off balance. Doubt can easily derail us. Let's keep our faith strong at all times. Trust in the Lord for He alone is faithful.

No comments: