Monday, August 13, 2007

A New Week

Another weekend has passed and I managed to keep myself busy. I started a blog on Saturday (I was bored) but my heart wasn't in it so I just deleted it and saved everything for today. I washed my car on Saturday morning just like I was supposed to do. (I'm so proud of myself. That makes 5 weeks in a row!) Look out world, I'm sticking to my new routines. Even this morning I did my chores even though I had decided I could skip them one day and it would be okay. But before I knew what I was doing, I was doing my chores. Yea! for me!!! So now everything's done like it's supposed to be and I'm free to do the things I want to do. I have a couple errands to run this afternoon otherwise I'll be a home body again. [I just remembered I had forgotten to put away the clean dishes this morning so I stopped and took care of that. I don't wash them every day so it's not something I have to do every morning and it had just slipped my mind. But now the clean dishes are where they belong, the sign has been changed to read "dirty" and my husband's cereal bowl in rinsed out and stored inside the washer out of sight and out of the way.]

I was a bad girl yesterday. I played hooky from church. I know, I know, I should have gone but when my alarm went off I made a quick decision and decided to stay home and sleep in. I hadn't done that in months and months so I thought the world wouldn't fall apart if I stayed home. And, you know what? The world didn't fall apart! I just slept late then vegged on the couch until mid-afternoon when I decided it was time to get dressed. (Don't laugh, I barely did it then!)

We grilled chicken last night for dinner and it was the best grilled chicken I've ever made. Then we watched most of the Sea Hawk's game while the dishes washed but I got busy doing something and the next thing I knew the game was over and I'm not sure who won. The Hawks were down by two points the last I saw. I was routing for the Sea Hawks; I like them. But now I'll never know who won. Oh well, it's just preseason play.

Skatemama has some great pictures on her blogsite. Check her out. They had all gone to the Fair and it sounds like they had an absolute ball!! But she's got several good pictures of the kids. I have so much fun enjoying her little family now that mine are all grown up and gone. Even the grandkids are grown (or mostly so, the baby's a senior in High School) so I don't have any little ones around any more. Well it probably won't be too long before my oldest granddaughter has a baby of her own but the drawback to that is that it will make me a great-grandmother. Oh, boy! I can't believe I'm that old. What happened?? The years go by so fast!

I went out on the deck last night before going to bed and looked for meteorites (falling stars) but didn't see any. I probably didn't stay out long enough. When we lived in Kingsburg and had the oldest grandchild with us, we spread a blanket over the lawn and just laid out in the back yard on our backs and watched them when we had the meteorite shower that year. If I remember right I popped some popcorn, made some juice and we just made a night of it. My granddaughter was so cute to watch. She would get so excited when she'd see one fall but she kept wanting me to make it do it again. I couldn't get it across to her that I wasn't making it happen! (Grandma did everything in her eyes.) Hard to believe she's in college now, aspiring to go to nursing school when she's got enough credits. She works full time and goes to school part time. I wish she could just concentrate on school but life is hard out there. You've got to have money to live. Ever stop and wonder what the world would be like if we didn't use money? Interesting concept. Who knows, we may find out!

Today's Bible verse is Psalms 139:1-6 and it talks about God knowing everything about us. Isn't that amazing? The God who built the universe knows every little thing about each of us. He even knows when we get up and when we lie down. It amazes me beyond words to think that Someone cares enough about me to know when I get up. God knows what I'm thinking and what I'm about to say. And with all this knowledge about me ... he still loves me! That just blows me away to think that God knows all my rotten, sinful thoughts and actions and He loves me anyway! We don't need to hide from Him (we can't hide from Him!) and we don't have to feel crestfallen either. We are each a child of God, dearly and eternally loved and accepted, just as we are. It is enough for Him that at some point in the future we will be all He intends for us to be. Read the rest of Ps. 139 and you'll see just how well He knows us and how much He loves us anyway! What an amazing God!

Saturday's Scripture was John 3:36 and I hadn't realized how much it mirrors John 3:16, the universal verse of hope for humankind. Verse 36 continues it's promise in that those who believe in the Son have eternal life. Those who don't believe in the Son are condemned and don't have life at all. Notice that this eternal life has the present tense verb with it. We have eternal life. It's not something that we're going to be given at some point and time in the future if we obey all the rules. We have it now. Right now. If we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came to save the world in Himself and destroy the barrier of sin that separates us from holy God, we have eternal life. Now! Can I, as an individual, fully grasp that? I will never die. I may shed my fleshly body in the future but I will never die. Whatever it is that makes me me will live on. I have eternal life right now. I need not fear death. Those of us who believe that the work of Christ is finished, that He has done it all, that He in His goodness has reconciled the world to Himself, will never die. Jesus says, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die" (John 11:25-26). This is Truth: if we believe we will never die; we will shed our bodies of flesh but we, what makes us us, will never die. We have eternal life. The apostle John wrote his letter to the early church and said, "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know you have (present tense) eternal life." (1John 5:13)

Well I need to wash and style my hair yet and it's already after noon and I'm still blogging. This was supposed to be posted 40 minutes ago. This will be the first time I'll style it since I had it cut so short on Thursday. I hope it's not so short that I can't do anything with it. I have errands to run this afternoon as I mentioned earlier. I need to go by my doctor's office and find out what's happening with him, when he'll be back, if he'll be back. And I have to go by my new doctor's office because of a misunderstanding with one of my meds. It never ends! If I could hear on the phone I could just call but I can't do that so I have to drive to their offices. I would have Michael call but he hates doing that for me and, to be truthful, I hate doing that too. It's so hard going through a third person. I'll go by the Post Office as long as I'm out and drop back by church and pick up a bulletin (since I didn't get one yesterday like I should have) so I'll know what's happening this week. I know I have a deacon's meeting on Thursday night but I think that's the only thing on my plate. But I better pick up a bulletin and make sure. If I don't get a Sunday bulletin I'm totally out of the loop.

Remember the Scriptures we talked about today because God knows you better than you know yourself, and He loves you anyway. What an awesome God!

No comments: