Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Finally, A Cool Down II

Dare I try again? After yesterday's fiasco I'm a bit hesitant. I still haven't figured out what went wrong, why I lost my blog. I searched several areas but was unable to locate it. It just seemed to disappear! Things happen, I guess. I've given the Lord editing rights so when things happen like that, I know that regardless of why it happened, it's OK with Him.

We've really cooled down over the past couple days. We're still down in the 60s right now when normally we're up in the high 80s or low 90s by this time. It feels awfully good after the few really hot days we endured there for awhile. I'm sitting here with a long-sleeved shirt on and with my house shoes on my normally bare feet. It's nippy. It was beautiful all day yesterday and we really enjoyed the cooler temps.

We had a bit of excitement on Saturday afternoon. Michael went out through the kitchen to get something out of the garage and found it flooded (only a couple feet inside the door, it wasn't totally flooded). But there was a river of water rushing across the driveway in front of the garage door. There had been a water main break between our duplex and the next one on the uphill side. We were without water for a couple hours while they repaired the break. I don't know what caused it to happen or how long the torrent had been gushing across the driveway the way it was. But this was a significant break from the main water line for our town and we lost a lot of water in a short period of time. Isn't it funny how you never get thirsty until you lose your water? Luckily for me, I keep cold water in the fridge. We walked around back to see if some of that water was going under our house since we have that problem up here in the foothills. We opened the door to the crawl space (which isn't quite tall enough for an adult to stand up) and it was still dry under there. Michael stepped inside the door and I happened to look down on the cement just inside the door and there was a black widow spider just sitting there waiting for someone to bite. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't tell if it was a black widow or not, but I was pretty sure it was by its coal black body. I called Michael back over to the door and asked him if that was a black widow. He took one quick look at it and sure enough that's what it was. I moved back about 8 feet when Michael smashed it with a board. (I wanted to be completely out of the way just in case it jumped or something, LOL.)

I thought a lot about my blog over the weekend and since I rarely go anywhere or do anything worth writing about, I decided that mostly what I'm going to do is write a short devotional. I prepared several over the weekend. I'll still pass on any news I have before I write it though. So you can still read the news and then not continue to read the devotional, if that's what you'd like to do. There just isn't a lot happening in this old woman's life. Sorry. We'll try that for a week or so and see how that goes. I'm flexible. If that doesn't work out, I can easily go back to just mindless chit chat, LOL! We'll see how it goes starting tomorrow.

I remembered to set up everything for communion on Sunday; I didn't forget anything. But I had help. I said a prayer for the Lord to help me NOT ruin the services. And He was faithful to me on that score. I was so afraid I was going to forget something so totally important that they'd have to stop communion while I ran around fixing the problem my short memory had caused. (I torture myself like this all the time.) But I was so relieved when it was all over and I saw I hadn't blown things. Whew!

I just clicked on something in my program and discovered there's another place I can look for yesterday's blog. I'll have to check there when I'm finished with today's blog. Not that I want to publish it now. I just want to find out where it went and how to get it back so if it ever happens again I'll know what to do. The program autosaves once every minute and so it's got to be somewhere! Now if I can just figure out how to retrieve it once I find it. I still have so much to learn with this program.

This is going to be a shorter blog today. I decided my blogs have been too long. People don't have that much spare time on their hands to spend it reading long blogs. Short and sweet is my new motto. (I'm sure you're relieved to hear that, LOL.) I have no plans to leave the house today. I got most of my housework done yesterday so I don't know what I'll do with myself this afternoon, but I'll figure something out. Probably something domestic. Maybe I'll mop the floors since that's something I didn't get to yesterday. Stay close to the Lord and rest in His perfect care. He loves it when we draw close to Him. Remember God is love. He doesn't just feel it or have it, He is it! And He desires to spend His time with you. See you tomorrow!

No comments: