Saturday, May 2, 2009

More Pictures


This is a picture of my son and his wife and my youngest granddaughter. Isn't she a beauty? She's the one that taught me how to put pics in my blog. This was at a Valentine's Day Dinner and Dance at my church. Ken and Tamara went for the party and Kayla went as, well she was a lot of things. She took "studio" pics of the different couples that went. She sang and DJ'd the dance. This is a great pic of my son and granddaughter but I know Tam's going to hate me for sending this one of her. She's a very pretty woman. This pic just does not do her justice. Tam, if you see this blog, I apologize for using it.

Today was communion Sunday and everything went just fine. I was late getting home by time I had everything cleaned up and put away.

I have plans tomorrow to go with Kathleen to the county fairgrounds to drop off all our knitting entries to be judged and then exhibited during Frog Jump (the county fair). Mark Twain wrote The Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County in regards to this event. That's not the exact title of the story he wrote but it's close. I just can't come up with it right now. I think it's The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County. There is a lot of history here in our county. Bret Harte and Mark Twain both traveled these roads during the gold rush era as well as several other well-knowns. I'm going to see if I can send another pic onto this post so bear with me as I investigate. Hopefully, I'll be right back with another pic.

Well that didn't work out the way it was supposed to. The photos were supposed to be stacked not side-by-side. That is a pic of Kayla performing her dance routine last year. Okay now I'm going to publish these and see what it looks like. It may be a real mess, I don't know.

Okay, they did come out stacked but the new one gets inserted from the top so what I wrote about the valentine's dance and what I wrote for Kayla's pic are near the wrong photos. Hopefully you'll be able to figure this all out when you see it. I'm sorry but I'm just learning and doing things using the trial and error method. Probably what I'll do is save all the pics first and then go back on edit and do my writing. Blogger is not helping me any. But I'm getting there.

I discovered a really, really good verse today. This is from the Good News Bible. Joel 2:13:
"Come back to the Lord your God. He is kind and full of mercy; he is patient and keeps his promise; he is always ready to forgive and not punish." Isn't that beautiful? He is always ready to forgive and not punish. That's the kind of God we have. Amazing isn't He? He'd much rather forgive than punish. When we partook of communion this morning we were reminded that we have been saved and there is nothing we can do to change that fact. I know that's hard for some people to understand but it's because they can't see that our salvation is based on what Christ has done, not on anything we do. Christ's sacrifice was everything we needed and what we needed (His forgiveness) He freely gives. What a awesome God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY-more great photos. Isn't it fun?