Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Test

This is my second attempt to add two photos to the same blog. This is a picture taken from our deck. That's Hog Back mountain in the distance. This is what I see when I'm at my computer and look to my right out the glass sliding doors. It's very beautiful. I may have some more pics coming in a day or two of some beautiful cloud formation taken this afternoon by my hubby.

Okay I'm just going to hit the return until I can get Mike's pic to align on the right side as it's supposed to. You can't see it but on my blog writing page (don't know what that's called) the two pics came out side by side and I have blogger set for right flush but something Keeps going wrong until I get down to the bottom of the first picture.





This of my only grandson, Mike, and he is the apple of his daddy's eye (and mine!) This was taken last year for his graduation. Right now he is working with the local fire dept to get his training in and then he plans on moving to San Diego and becoming a Federal firefighter. I should tell you that Mike towers over me by almost more than a foot. His braces are off now and he's almost a year older than when this pic was taken.

It looks like blogger isn't going to let me do a wrap around with his picture. Stupid blogger. As I type he just keeps moving down the page.

So guess I will not continue with this test since it's shown me that it won't work. Now looked what just happened! It's doing a wrap around the way I wanted it to. Sorry for calling you stupid, blogger. I should not be so judgmental. Anyway isn't he one handsome young man? I think so.

We had Steve Hall come to our church two Sundays ago and what a treat he was. Yes, that's right, Steve Hall came and played for my very small, back-in-the-boon-docks, off-in-the-woods church. I don't know who made the connections but I will be eternally grateful. If you don't know Steve Hall, he's got about 20 CDs available on Amazon. He's really quite famous with his music. (He's a pianist.) I was thrilled to be able to listen to him play and lucky enough to be able to purchase two CDs he and his wife brought up with them to our church. They live in Canoga Park down in southern California. He introduces his 15-year-old son on one of the CDs I bought, who is following in his father's footsteps. I've never heard such beautiful classical music played before and I can't get enough of it. It's wonderful to put on a CD and then just sit and let the music move you. (Great for listening to while napping also!) Since I lost most of my hearing years ago, I have not appreciated music because I can't understand the voices in the songs. Then I discovered I could enjoy classical, symphony music and bought several inexpensive CDs with Vivaldi (my personal favorite) and all the other greats. Then along came Steve Hall. Thank you, Lord, for your gift of music you gave this man and for the gift of appreciation of his music you gave me!

This is short. It's only a test and I would almost guarantee there will be more tests as I learn the in's and outs of this process. If you're just now checking my blog after a few days to a few weeks, please be sure to go back and look at the pics I've sent in previous posts during the last few days. I have several you might be interested in seeing.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Greattttt Picturessss loved them, you are doing wonderful, you will learn how to move them around, I copy, & paste where I want them.
I love it. Good Job
Loving that mountain, we don't have mountains here, but we do have hogs, they are meannnnn!

Thanks for a great share :)

Happy Mothers Day!

Going on vacation next week busy painting, catch up with ya later ok.
Huggggssss

Anonymous said...

This is great to see a photo of Mike and the great view out your window! I'm sorry-I have been SO incredibly busy this week with homeschooling and returning from our trip that I am just now getting to your blog. I have you listed on my Google Reader, so I will try to read through your 10 other posts that I have throughout the weekend, and leave comments, OK?
Love you,
Franci