Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Saturday Blog For You

This is unusual, to blog on a Saturday, but I didn't get around to it yesterday so I thought I'd try to do something today. No guarantee on length or quality though. My eyes are so irritated today from all the pollen that they feel strange every time I blink. Weird sensation. That being said, you know that spring is nearly here when I start complaining about my eyes. My beloved and I were sitting down talking about the beautiful weather we've been having when it finally struck both of us that the summer heat is almost upon us. He doesn't like the heat anymore than I do. Part of the problem is that summer lasts so long. It's usually three solid months of hot weather (June, July, and August) with about half of May and half of September thrown into the mix. The cooler we have is a small one, too small for a house this size but we're grateful that we have it. Occasionally we'll have a really humid day and it won't do any good at all. The water must be able to evaporate to produce cooler air and when the air is already saturated, nothing evaporates. I really don't like the heat and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I'd rather be a little cold than a little hot.

Now that's the way to start a blog ... complain! Sorry about that I sometimes fail to appreciate what's happening in my life. Without the hot weather we wouldn't have much of a harvest of fruits and vegetables or cotton or raisins. There is always something to be grateful for if I would just stop and think things through. Forgive me for my short-sightedness.

Heather, at LazyDRanch8 is coping well. She's showing far more grace than I would show if it had been my hubby instead of hers. You know it's so easy to complain because your spouse does (or doesn't do) certain things but if we'd just stop for a moment and imagine what life would be like totally without our mates we'd complain much less frequently I think. So forgive my critical spirit and let me get on with my blog.

Gjerstadsinliberia (not positive that's the site's address) are doing well. She has divided up her ten kids into three classes for homeschooling. I'm sure the kids are probably thrilled to finally have something to do again after waiting all that time for their shipment to arrive. School work is probably the best thing to happen to them in quite some time. Womanoffaith1 is keeping busy too. She also homeschools her children, but then, doesn't everyone??? What I'm doing in the middle of a bunch of women, raising their children and homeschooling them, I'll never know. Guess it has something to do with the way I started blogging. My cousin talked me into blogging and so I automatically got onto all her friends and acquaintances and it just sort of went on from there.

I should be out washing my car but I think I'm going to skip it this week since it's windy outside today and it's not too awfully dirty. It just has yellow pollen all over it. Since I started parking in a different spot, it doesn't get all the bird droppings. I was going to write more on eternal love today but I just can't seem to get it into gear to do that. I'm not really in the mood to write, I guess. Sorry about that. This has been just meaningless drivel but at least you'll know I tried. It's just that sometimes all the little holes and dowels don't line up and I can't think of what it is I want to write about or say in my blogs. You know how that goes, right?

I guess I should go find something constructive to do. I want to change the bedding today so it's not like I don't have things to do. Of course, maybe it's because I do have things to do that I am sitting here blogging instead. I guess I'm out of things to blog about. There is absolutely nothing going on in my life today. Here it is 1:00 in the afternoon and the only thing I've accomplished so far is getting dressed. But I beat Michael. He's still in his jammies! Well, it's just one of those lazy days for us. There's nothing pressing so why bother to get dressed. Right? I thought you would agree with me. LOL. I'll try to write on eternal love next time so until then, bye ...

No comments: