Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday the 27th

Just a quick not to let you all know that I probably won't get around to my blog this week. Hubby's surgery is tomorrow morning and by time I get him home and wait on him hand and foot for a few days, I'm not going to have a lot of free time. So don't give up on me, I will be back. I'm just not sure when. I might even find time later in this week, but the way things are looking now, I don't think I'm going to get the chance to do that. But for what it's worth, I really, really want to blog. Please pray for my hubby's surgery, that it goes smoothly and he heals rapidly. He will have an external bar on his foot for a few weeks so pray that the bones will grow together this time the way they were supposed to fuse the last time. And that he heals rapidly. At least my son is going to drive us all down to Sacramento so I won't have to drive all by myself. I was a little concerned about city driving anyway. So this works out really well. And it turns out that my son needs to go to a store in Sacramento anyway, so we just combined the two outings on one day (2 hr. drive).

Also, would you please pray for my nieces son, Merle. At first they thought he'd had a brain aneurysm (I know that spelling is probably wrong). But by day two they said it was a drug overdose. He is on full life support and is not expected to recover. There is no brain activity at all and he has developed pneumonia and they are already talking to my niece about harvesting his organs. Tomorrow is the day they expect him to be declared brain dead. Laurie, my niece, needs lots and lots of prayer. Pray that she might come to see the Lord in some way in all of this. She is up in Seattle at a hospital that specializes in brain trauma. (He didn't fall and hit his head or anything, but the drugs made his brain swell.) When he was transferred to the second hospital they put him in a cooling bed and they lowered his body temp to 90 degrees. They've had some successes for this type of treatment but as of my email tonight, that didn't seem to work. He still has no reflexes or brain activity of any kind. Pray for Merle, too, please. Pray for a miracle. I'm hoping for one but not expecting one, if that makes sense. Merle is only 18. The same age as my own grandson. Her email to everyone tonight was gut-wrenching. She had crawled onto his bed and held him as best she could and she said that his blood pressure went way down while she was lying with him. I don't know what to make of that since the doctors are not holding out hope for him. They told Laurie right up front that his chances for survival were less than 1%. Not good at all. But it did appear as if Laurie made a difference when she laid down with him. And please pray for me too as this is hitting really close to home for me after finding my son's dead body in bed. He was 22. But both of them were found unresponsive in their beds. Now I'm probably going to be off for the rest of this week. I'm hoping not but we'll just have to wait and see. But if you could please keep us in your prayers I would so appreciate that. Gotta get to bed as we have to get up at 5:30 for the 2-hr trip to Sacramento where the surgery will take place. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a rough few days hasn't it...This has really hit close to home for us as well, as you already know. I'm sure that has dragged up many painful memories for you, and I'm so sorry for that. I feel so bad for Laurie and the whole family. I've been pretty melancholy, and I just feel so hopeless. I'm glad Michael came through his surgery alright and I hope he's resting comfortably and that his foot will heal properly. Will keep you both in my prayers as I continue to pray for Laurie and for Merle. (((hugs)))