Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nothing Comes to Mind

Well, I wanted to blog today but I could get my thoughts to come together. I've been this way for several days. But I guess I'm not doing too badly considering that I wasn't going to blog for the month of May. My studies have been occupying my mind of late. I've been through the Psalms, Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastics, and the Song of Songs. Tomorrow I will tackle Isaiah. Then Jeremiah. I'm coming into the meat of Scripture and I've noticed that my textbook pages have far fewer sidebars and boxes; just straight text, page after page. It's very time consuming and uses up my brain pretty fast. LOL. It's almost too much to shove in a brain in the course of just one day. But that's probably why I can't think about anything else. I still hope to finish up my thoughts on Abiding. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time. It will revolve around the Scriptures at Rom 11:17-24 and shouldn't take too long. I will try really hard to get it done tomorrow.

Heather reported on her blog that they lost the transmission on their van and had to take an unplanned lay-over while that problem gets taken care of. But they are all healthy and her pics showed nothing but smiling faces! They are a tough family. Eric (husband and father) passed away at the end of January and they are struggling with so many issues. The last thing they needed was a transmission problem. Please continue to pray for them.

Womanoffaith1 is sleeping her life away. Not really but I'm pretty sure it must feel that way to her. She has some medical problems that make her want to sleep all the time. Pray for her and the three kids.

And finally for the Gjerstads in Liberia, they need prayer for just about everything. Everything Stacy does is triple hard over there. Laundry by hand. No running water. No refrigerator. Only an outdoor coal pot (sort of like a hibachi) to cook on. The only electricity from a generator that was on the blink last time I heard so they do everything by candle light. And all 12 of them are crammed into a tiny, 3-bedroom house. The rainy season is looming in their near future when the rain will come down and NOT STOP for the duration of that season. I don't know how they will all stand it. But God is in their midst.

I will try and blog tomorrow if I have the time at all. Lots of reading to do tomorrow. How would you like to read the entire Bible along with a 500+ page textbook in 30 days? Well, I may not be reading the entire Bible but it sure feels like it! And I'm almost halfway through with the study. Seems like I just started it. There's a chapter a day (30 chapters) and today was day 14. Tomorrow will be halfway. Doesn't seem possible that I could be that far already. But that explains why every time someone sees me I've got my nose in a book. Has it been beneficial? I think so. I know more now that I did two weeks ago. I'm sure I'm not retaining as much as I'd like to. I should probably plan on doing this study again in 6 months. I'll have to wait and see about that. Until next time...

No comments: