Monday, May 5, 2008

A Bible Study

I plan to take off the next month or so because I'm going to be doing a daily Bible study on my own that lasts for 30 days. It's called Knowing the Bible in 30 Days and you study a chapter a day. It is a large 500+ page textbook that I just got in today's mail. Honestly, there's no way to know the Bible in a mere 30 days, we all know that. In truth, we learn the Bible every day of your entire lives. But it's a detailed overview of the entire Bible and I thought it would be fun to do. The textbook is a bit daunting by it's size making me wonder if I bit off more than I can chew (I find it hard to even imagine reading through the book, much less studying it along the way!) But I'm in the mood for a good study. So anyway, I hope to spend the month of May doing this study and I may or may not blog during this time. I may find that I'm learning so much I just have to share it with you. I'm not completely through with all my thoughts on Abiding in Christ but I've covered the majority of what I had hoped to write. And what I still have to do will stand alone and I can just write it when I get back to blogging. Right now I'm leaving everything up to the Lord. If He tells me to write during this study, I will, and if the study isn't too intensive I'll try to blog and study. I just have to get into it and see how it goes.

I've been on my computer all morning! All my blogs that I read every day had new entries on them so that took time just reading through those and then I had to comment on all of them too so I've completely lost my morning. I did get my dishes done and the bed made. I will do the laundry this afternoon while I study my first chapter and see how it goes. I am pretty well laid up with a bad back lately. My niece gave me 6 big bags of clothes and I had to try all those on. It took me two hours to go through all those bags and when I was finished I could barely move my back hurt so bad and it hasn't gotten any better. I'm taking Naprosyn for it but I'm almost out of that. I just would never have thought that just pulling clothes on and off for two hours would do that to my back or I would have spread it out over a matter of days instead of just a couple hours. Bummer! It feels really good when I first wake up but all I have to do is sit down and the pressure between the vertebrae is unrelenting. I can't move very fast at all or it will spasm and lock up. That's always fun, right? Anyway maybe this will give me something to do while my back heals itself. I just wanted to let my readers know that I may not blog for awhile. Then again, on the other hand, I may find I can't keep what I'm learning to myself.

My beloved is putting new pads in our evaporative cooler so we'll be ready for the hot weather that's coming. Hopefully it's a ways off but we'll be ready for it. If we'd had the cooler all done we would have used it a week or so ago when we hit 100 degrees. I got so hot that day I thought I was going to stroke out or something. It's always worse for me when it first starts getting hot. After awhile I get a little used to it and I'm not so miserable. But the heat and I really don't get along. I should go out and see if Michael needs any help. He's probably about done. Take care everyone and check my blog periodically to see if I've written anything new. But I don't think it will be a daily thing. It all depends on this study I'm going to do. Five hundred plus pages is going to be a challenge, like I said. But it may also give me things to write and share with you. Take care and stay close to the Lord. He is our everything!


No comments: