Thursday, February 28, 2008

No More Stalling Around

I find making decisions so difficult but I have decided to discontinue my blog. This probably isn't a total surprise to anyone. I've simply lost interest in it. I took that 2-week break and just haven't been able to get back into it. I have tried but it has become this ominous thing hanging over my head everyday. It takes so much of my time, which is okay if I'm enjoying it, but if I'm dreading it (as I have been) it just ends up being wasted time. I have so many other things I should be doing -- like housework, Bible study, housework, reading, housework ... the list goes on forever. But the bottom line is it is no longer fun for me! So I have just decided to discontinue my blog after all this time. I think I started last July so that makes it almost 8 months ago. That's a lot of writing! I think it's time for me to go on to doing something I enjoy and is beneficial to me. It has just gotten to where I dread waking up in the morning because I know I have to blog and that it not what blogging is all about. If I should decide to take it up again in the future I will email everyone and let them know. But I think, as of today, I will discontinue Godlover.

I will, of course, continue reading other blogs that I have been following so you guys out there aren't going to be losing a member of your audience. I have so much fun reading other people's blogs. I really don't know how to say goodbye to those who have been reading me all this time. (I don't really think there's that many of you out there anymore!) So, I guess I'll just sign off and say "Thanks for being my audience." Of course I'm dropping out in the middle of my death and dying series and I apologize for that but I just can't continue it and still be fit to live with, ha!! I have spent all the time I needed to think about this (and then some!!!). I mean, after all, I had this idea even before I took my two-week break. I knew the fun had gone out of it and it had just become another taskmaster but I was just hoping all I needed was to take a break for awhile but the break showed me how much I need to simply walk away from my blog. Thanks again ...

I have had the time to do a lot of reading this past week and I realized how much I missed having the time to just sit and read. I'm reading the Left Behind series. Just for fun as I don't know what I believe about end times for sure. Monday I checked out the first four books of the series and then skipped to the 7th one as 5 and 6 weren't there. So far I've read the first three books already. They are a very fast read. I'm finding them very much like a Soap Opera. I just thought it would be fun to read them and so far I've enjoyed what I've read but then I have to wonder if I want to spend so much of my time reading "fluff." I only have so much free time and maybe I'd be better off studying and reading the Bible instead. So far they've been fun but I don't think I'll read any more of them. I think I'll just take them back. I've been wanting to get in and read the lesser prophets. (I can't remember right now what they are called but it's something like the lesser prophets, or the smaller prophets, or the shorter prophets. Isn't it frustrating when you know you know what something's called but you can't think of it to save your life???)

So anyway ... thanks and I'll miss you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marj-

I am sorry to hear that you won't be blogging anymore. I haven't been a very good commenter, and I am sorry. Maybe in 6 months or so, you'll try it again. If it isn't fun anymore, then you should stop. It is supposed to be fun.

My mom read the "Left Behind" series, and loved it. I think I have them in my closet somewhere, and read the first one. I have trouble finishing books. I enjoyed the one I read, though. Kirk Cameron has made movies of the first two or three of them, I think. You might enjoy those.

I will miss your blog, but we can still chat via e-mail.
Love ya!