Thursday, March 20, 2008

Surprise

I know I said I was going to quit blogging and I did until now. But now I just feel a need to say something about the love of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. With this being Maundy Thursday and Sunday being Easter Sunday, my heart is going to burst if I don't write something about my Lord and what He did so many years ago. He hung from a cross in my place. I'm the one deserving of such a painful death. I'm the one with all the sin and error in my past. It's my blood that should have been shed. But Jesus, in His great love and mercy, took my place on the cross so that I could live forever with Him in heaven. How do you thank someone for doing something like that? The words sound so empty and insignificant but I say them anyway: Thank You, Lord Jesus, for bridging the gap that separated me from my heavenly Father. Thank You for taking upon Yourself all my sin and shortcomings. Thank You for leaving me a model to strive for: perfect forgiveness and perfect love. But You know me. I don't forgive and love perfectly. I try but I fail every time. That's why You came to earth and died in my place. Because I deserved the sacrifice of death but I couldn't provide that sacrifice for my own sake so You came and died in my place. Your perfect sacrifice saved my imperfect self.

Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul once for all time. Forever bringing the two sides together. We were living apart but now, thanks to You, I have Your Spirit within me to guide me and direct me in all the things I do to bring glory to the Father. It is Your Spirit that supplies me with all I need to be accepted by a perfect God. Your blood bought my salvation. Your grace is sufficient for me. You paid the price, setting me free to love You, worship You, and glorify You every day of my life. Easter is the anniversary of Your risen life ... ZOE ... "Life as God has it." Eternal. Perfect. Plentiful. Thank You. Short and simple. Two words. Bathed in the crimson of Your blood. Two words white as snow. Thank You. Abba, Father. My love for You abounds to limits as yet unknown. Thank You, precious Jesus. Because of You I can stand before the Father's throne and receive love and forgiveness for all time. I have eternal life ... ZOE ... because You died and rose again. Dying was only half the work. You had to rise again and You did. Amazing love, oh, how can it be, that You my King would die for me. Amazing love, oh I know it's true ... in all I do, I honor You. Amazing love, how can it be, that You my King would die for me. It is an amazing love. The words of the song don't lie. But how can it possibly be true? That You would die for me? Thank You, Lord, thank You. And now let me honor you in all I do. I love You, Lord. I really do, It seems so meager but it's all I have. Thank You.

No comments: