Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Where Do I Get My Ideas?

I'm really getting to my blog late this morning but Michael and I finally got our deck cleaned off this morning since it is cooler so far today. We've been wanting to do it for days but it just stayed too hot to be out there on our super-heated deck. I have to say it looks much better than it did. Michael is still out there puttering around but I came back in to get my blog started before it gets entirely too late to even bother with blogging today. If you haven't read skatemama yet today do go over to her blogsite and check her out. She has some further information on her brain scan that's very interesting. Her doctor thinks the headaches might have been West Nile virus. But she has something else causing them concern.

As much as I enjoy blogging I must confess there's a down side to it. It takes a lot of my time and energy and I'm having to learn to relax; that it won't be the end of the world if I don't get around to updating my blog every single day. When I first began to blog, I was obsessed with it but my daughter-in-law brought that to my attention and I was able to let go a little bit and ease up on the demands I'd placed on myself. So what if I were late with a blog? But I thought you might be interested in the mechanics of my blog. Where I get my ideas, etc. Most of my ideas come from things I read. I subscribe to Charles F. Stanley's daily devotional and quite often I will take something he's written and just run with it. Enlarging it. Reshaping it. Things like that. Morphing it into something of my own. I like his theology most of the time but there have been times when I've taken it and run in an entirely different direction. For instance he tends to think that we are sinners because we sin. Whereas, I believe we sin because we are sinners. And there is a major difference in theology with those two stands. Sometimes I will get an idea from the daily Bible verse that I subscribe to on my email program. These are random verses that are emailed to me every day and they come from Old and New Testament alike. Quite often it is a Scripture I can't do anything with (as they have been lately) and some ideas are my own like with the miracle of the man born blind that I shared. When I was younger I was never short of things to write about but as I've aged my originality has waned as have so many other things with aging.

If anyone has a favorite Scripture they'd like me to expand on just leave me a comment or send it to my email and I'll see what I can do with it. I am always open for ideas. Like I said, I didn't use to have to worry about ideas. I used to overflow with ideas. But my brain no longer works the way it used to, I'm sorry to say. So if you have a question you think I might can shed some light on, just let me know and I'll give it a shot.

I have a few chores I insist on doing before I'll let myself blog in the mornings, but they are just the barebones of chores. I'm discovering that I'm not getting around to a lot of stuff that needs to be done so I'm going to loosen up a bit more on blogging and see if I can correct that situation before it gets any worse. You know? Nip it in the bud, so to speak. I'm hoping to avoid having to give up on blogging because of the time commitment. And it is quite a commitment by the time I get up and get those few chores done and then sit at the computer until noon most days. That was okay for awhile but it's really beginning to encroach on my day. It's really been bad during this heat wave because by the time I finish blogging, it's too hot to do the rest of my chores. The necessary ones! Maybe once the seasons change and we go into winter, things will balance out.

It is now past noon. Where has the morning gone? See, that's some of what I'm talking about. The days just seem to get away from me. I have a meeting in two hours and I've got to take care of some things before then so I'm going to let this be it for today's blog. Remember, if you have any ideas you can suggest them to me. I'm wide open for fresh ideas. In the mean time I'll just keep plugging away as best I can, doing what I do. Everything's for God's glory anyway. I'm not in this for money or fame. I just want to glorify God in everything I do and try to have a little fun in the process. Until tomorrow ...

No comments: