Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Rarity

I thought I'd surprise you all with a short Saturday blog. I enjoyed my days off and am now feeling much better, thank you. I had originally planned on doing nothing today. Nothing except take the entire day off and do nothing! LOL. But I felt so good when I woke up that I just fell right into doing things and I got a lot done. Being that it's Saturday, I washed my car. I almost had myself talked out of it because it still looked nice "enough" until I saw the bird droppings. Why are they always white? White on a brown (bronze?) car stands out like sore thumbs. Anyway I kept with the program and it's now sparkling clean. I also managed to get the laundry done, the bedding changed, and my Lay Pastor cards made out and addressed and ready to mail next week. I combined my deacon and 40 Days of Purpose binders into just one binder. Our 40 Days campaign will end in December and then I will no longer need all that information at my fingertips so I will then combine the deacon binder with the lay pastor binder and I will have only one binder that will hold all the information I need. I think it will be much easier for me if I have all the information in just one binder. Michael offered to make up some calendar pages for me on his computer and so now I have everything for the next six months marked on the same calendar instead of working with multiple calendars. I will ditch the calendar I carry in my Bible since I will now no longer need it and it was not convenient to have with me all the time as it was. I think these changes will make things work better for me.

The weather has been much cooler for the past few days and it is so appreciated! It won't be that much longer and we won't have the heat to contend with. But then watch me, I'll start complaining about the cold. Why is it I am never satisfied? I guess it just gives me something to look forward to. I just finished the book Growing Slowly Wise by David Roper and it was a very good book. I recommend it to anyone. It is a commentary on the book of James. You know the book? The one Luther called a "straw" epistle. James is the book that most people struggle with because it seems to run opposite of everything the Apostle Paul wrote. But Roper's book seems to clear up most discrepancies or ideas that James was teaching a life of works. Anyway, it's a good book for any who might be interested.

I guess I should sign off and get started on dinner. We decided on Eggs Benedict for tonight and my mouth waters just thinking about it. We enjoy breakfast for dinner much more than we enjoy it for breakfast most of the time. And it's so easy to cook. I can't remember if I've already written this in my blog but we use canned Spam (WalMart's version of Spam) for the meat instead of Canadian bacon or ham. It's much more economical than the bacon and we enjoy the flavor of it more than we do ham. So it works out all the way around for us. Tomorrow is the second half of last Sunday's sermon and I am looking forward to it. Last Sunday we were dead and buried in Christ. Tomorrow we rise again in Christ! It's exciting. See you all on Monday...

No comments: