Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Your Kingdom Come

Christians hang onto the promise that Jesus will return and redeem the world and establish a new kingdom ... His kingdom. Do you know that God has told His children (believers) to pray for that event? What is commonly known as the Lord's Prayer at Matthew 6:9-13 includes a plea for the future establishment of the kingdom and the revival of the earth. Verse 10 says, "May your kingdom come and what you want be done" (NCV).

Sin was unleashed into the world in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve failed to resist the temptation Satan issued to draw them into eating the forbidden fruit from the tree "that is in the middle of the garden" (NCV) from which God had told them they must not eat. And God allowed the consequences of their actions to run their course. Nature became a destructive force with occurrences of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, floods and tornadoes; the spirit and will of every person ever born on earth was destined to bend away from their Creator rather than toward Him; and Satan reigns as lord of this present age. But God ordained a redemptive plan to reclaim the earth and everything in it from the enemy and transform it into a kingdom of light under Christ's reign (Col 1:12).

Everything in the world and the very world itself ... all of creation ... groans and suffers as it awaits this time of redemption that the Lord's return will initiate. God's perfect plan is to redeem not merely souls but also the world He created for His people to inhabit (Isa 45:18). It has been His plan all along, since the beginning of time. So when we pray "Your kingdom come," we are pleading for God to bring about His eternal kingdom of righteousness and love. And in the new earth, which will be perfect and free from corruption, believers will live and worship under the lordship of the Lord Jesus Christ forever. Never sick. Never lonely. We will be in a perfect world where only good things happen. And best of all we will be free to worship our Creator to our hearts' content. Praise God!

The day is fast approaching when God will bring about the transformation of this world. It's a promise of a time and a hope we can look forward to with great anticipation as we pray, "Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matt 6:10).

********

Sorry about no blog yesterday. I just didn't feel like blogging for whatever that's worth. I just wasn't disciplined enough yesterday to do what I was supposed to do and I apologize. And I'll warn you now my blog may be late tomorrow because I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. I may wake up early and get it done before my appointment but, knowing me, I wouldn't count on it.

We've got overcast skies this morning and it got down to 26.4 for a low last night. Pretty standard for this time of year. I got absolutely nothing done yesterday so I will have to buckle down today and get some work done. Tomorrow afternoon I need to get some housework done. It's time to scour the baths again and my kitchen floor needs mopping again. I have decided that we are really messy, sloppy people. I no more than clean the house and it's time to clean it again. Rats! Please tell me other people have this same problem. And to think I used to keep such a clean house! Oh well, people change over time or at least I have.

We're looking forward to having Leo over for dinner on Saturday. Please pray for us that we will be able to come up with enough things to talk about with him that he will enjoy his time with us. He is such a sweet, gentle man. I will leave most of the talking up to Michael because he's the talker in the family. I get around people and just freeze up. I can't think of a single thing that sounds interesting to share with someone.

I made the mistake of getting out of my chair awhile ago and now I'm sitting on the front 3 inches and Mario (my black and white Italian cat) has the rest of the chair. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll know that I have a running battle with Mario. He's either in my lap, lying on my desk with his head resting on my hand, or lying in my chair. Anything to distract me from what I am doing. He's a pest but I love him. Cats are such strange creatures and I love them all to death. I look forward to the time when I'll have only one cat to worry about though. We have a houseful right now. Mario, Mulder, Pretty, Punkie, and Hissy are the inside cats and then we have Moody, Mama, and Little Mario who live outside during the day and in the garage at night. I would love for Mama to be an inside cat. She is so incredibly sweet and loving but Pepper, my over-grown "Chi-wa-wa," would never allow a new cat in the house. So that's just out of the question.

Well, I'm out of things to blog about so I guess I'll let this be it for today. I will go over now and read http://womanoffaith blog and then get busy with my chores. Until tomorrow ...

No comments: