Monday, July 23, 2007

The First Day

Guess what? I just created a blog. I'm not sure how it will work out but I thought I'd give it a try. My address, GodLover, is because I definitely am one and I want this blog to glorify Him. He's an awesome God. I don't have the access on my computer for photos so you may find just text boring. Hope not. My name is Marj and I live in the foothills of Calaveras County in California. Beautiful country. God's country! I'm married to a wonderful man who is a fine arts artist and he paints beautiful pictures of wildlife and local scenery. You may have seen some of his work.

I'm not sure what people talk about on their blogs. I only read one or two and they are terrific! But they have beautiful photos of family members to see and I won't be able to do that for you. I don't "do" a lot of things so I'm not sure how interesting people will find my blog. But I think it gives me the chance to express myself a little bit. Please be sure to let me know if you find something interesting or you have suggestions for me.

I woke up this morning, nervous. About what? I have no idea. Just sort of restless and pacing the floors. I tried to zero in and focus on Scripture but I couldn't sit still long enough to do anything worthwhile. I've been a Christian since 1988 and find it to be the most important thing in my life. So why haven't I prayed about why I'm so nervous and unsettled this morning? Good question. I guess it's because I don't always do as I should do. Ever have that problem? Of course you do. We all do and anyone who says otherwise is just fooling him/herself. But for some reason all this restlessness led me to create my own blogspot. And here I am! If you knew me you'd realize what a major accomplishment that is for me. I have very little experience with computers and to do something by myself is just unheard of. So I'm giving myself a few pats on the back for just being willing to try. I got a little help from my cousin's daughter. I guess that makes her my second cousin? Anyway she told me where to go to create this blog and I, for some brave reason, decided to give it a try. Deciding on what to call myself was the hardest part.
My daughter-in-law is coming over in a little while to help me learn a few things on my computer and she will be blown away by the fact that I got so brave. I know for most of you this is hard to understand, but I am terrified of computers. I'm terrified I'll do something that will crash my computer or totally destroy something extremely important and not have the slightest idea how to even begin to fix it.

I'm much calmer now. I guess I should have done this a lot earlier instead of pacing the floor for several hours. LOL (Lots of laughs or laughing out loud, for nonbloggers.) But I have found that if I hang onto the truth that God is on His throne and I, by His grace, am in His kingdom, I can make it through any kind of day. I don't understand how I made it through life without God for all those years. I was a member of a cult (JW's) for over 13 years and the glorious freedom of the gospel set me free indeed! Just hang onto your faith during stressful or difficult times and He will get you through it. In fact, He'll be right there to go through it with you. It's great to know I'm not alone in this great big world. What's that saying? "Misery loves company!" I guess that's true.

The sermon at my church yesterday was very good. It was about the fact that God is hidden from me in many ways, in that my ability to comprehend Him is so limited. My finite mind just can't wrap itself around His infinite-ness. Is that a word? I made it one. LOL But all that I can grasp of God is what He reveals of Himself to me. And He is eager to reveal more and more. He's just waiting for me to get in the right place (intellectually, emotionally, spiritually) before He does. It's great to know He won't reveal more of Himself than I can grasp at that moment. It would be, I think, too confusing if He did. At least for me. But God reveals himself in many ways. Creation is one of them. How can anyone look at the beauty in this world and not see God?! Mountains, oceans, deserts and sky all shout out His glorious reality if I but stop to look and to really see Him there. He reveals Himself to me in Scripture. And, believe it or not, He reveals Himself to me in the daily bumps and grinds of my life. No matter how complicated or confusing I make my life, He's always there, revealing Himself to me. My job, so to speak, is to be receptive to Him. He does speak to me. Oh, not in an audible voice, although I guess He could do that if He wanted to, but He never has as yet. It's in the "still, small voice" in my spirit where the communication takes place. And when that happens, if I keep myself tuned to His frequency, so to speak, I hear Him. The thing is, sometimes He says things I don't like to hear. Like that I behave selfishly most of the time. I tend to think of myself as more important than I am. I forget to love others with self-scarificing abandon. And on and on He talks to me. But don't think for a moment that He's always negative. He is the most glorious expression of love and enjoyment. God enjoys me. I am His child and He loves and enjoys just spending time with me. Isn't He awesome?! Just think of this amazing truth: God desires a close, personal relationship with me. And He does with you too. That's the amazing part. God loves and desires us before we love and desire Him. And He does so more abundantly!

Well, I think I'll end my blog for now. I don't know how often I will blog. I may blog several times on some days and only once or twice on other days. Who knows? I may even skip a day now and then. But I will try to blog regularly. It's after lunch time and I haven't eaten anything all day so I think I'll go make myself a tuna sandwich. I make my tuna sandwich mixture with everything but the kitchen sink. I put onions, eggs, celery, olives, shredded carrots, pickle relish and I've even thrown in grapes before. It's very good, really! You can put just about anything into tuna and it will taste good. It takes me a long time to get it all together so I usually make several cans up at a time and then we can eat on it for days. Saves time in the long run. My hubby doesn't mind sandwiches at all. We've been known to have them as our dinner (our main meal). Especially on really hot days. Who wants to heat up the kitchen when it's 105 or 108 outside? Not me. I always try to have a salad made up and in the refrigerator too. We like 3-bean, macaroni, and potato salads. And cold fruit. So on those really hot days we'll have a sandwich, salad, chips, fresh fruit, cookies and iced tea. Works for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! I really enjoyed reading it. You do have a gift for writing, but I think I've said that to you before when you dared to show me some poetry that you had written. It's funny, but I could totally relate to what you felt when you got the idea to try this blog. Whenever God is about to reveal something to me either through His word, or other means, He lets me get really bored and restless, to the point where things that normally interest me don't at that time. It's like He's saying...ok I've got something really important to show you or to tell you and I don't want there to be any distractions when I do. So I'm going to let your mind go completely blank and your going to be restless so that when I do show you, you will be open and receptive to what I have to say and you will absorb it like a thirsty sponge:)

I don't think I've ever seen a tuna sandwich described in such delicious detail...LOL, you made me want to come over and raid your fridge!

Keep on bloggin:)

Anonymous said...

Marj-

WOW...you do have a wonderful gift for writing and I will be checking your BLOG daily. I'm so proud of you!

I made tuna with apples and walnuts before, and it was yummy, but usually I'm too lazy so mayo and relish is all I throw in. I'd love to try your's someday. :-)

Love,
Franci