Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Grandma's Little Boy

My only grandson left for Lackland Air Force Base in Texas today for boot camp. I had been sworn in months ago but he had another swearing in this morning before he had to leave for the AF base. So grandma is a bit sad. I mean, I am happy for him because it is something he really wants to do and I am so proud of him I'm nearly bursting at the seams. The sadness comes from knowing he's not a little boy anymore and knowing that from this time onward he will be different. He'll be his own person. He will turn into a man and mature far beyond the little tyke who called cookies "ones." [There's a story behind that but I won't bore you with it right now.] He called me yesterday from Sacramento to say goodbye and I cried of course. But not while I was on the phone with him. I was able to hold it together until we had said our goodbyes and had hung up the phones. He wants to be a firefighter and he got that position so he's really excited. Anyway I thought I would share that. I hope to blog again real soon. In the mean time, please pray for Mikey when you have the time. Thanks in advance...

No comments: