Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday's Excuse

Just thought I'd send out a quick blog and let you know that I haven't given up on my blog. I've just been busy, busy, busy with the holidays and all. Yesterday I intended to blog but our power kept going on and off all day and I didn't want to chance it any more than the one time it caught me on my computer. It's no fun to have your blog disappear. We have company due in tomorrow and they will be here until Wednesday so next week's blogs look pretty skimpy and uncertain too. Sorry about that but I only have one mind and I don't want to lose it over whether or not I post a blog.

Got my hair cut this morning and it's short, short, short again. Yea!!! Now I won't have so many of those bad hair days when I make up every excuse under the sun to NOT leave the house for any reason short of life or death. Actually I've gotten better about going out with my hair not quite perfect. I'm easing up but just barely. Had an interesting thing happen on the way to the Beauty shop. I had my mind on other things and sort of "rolled" through the stop at the end of the street right in front of my grandson. I'm sure he had to hit his brakes but we weren't like "inches" apart. He followed me to the shop and gave me a bad time about "running" the stop sign. It's funny because as I was rolling through, making my turn in front of him, I thought to myself, "I think I just ran that stop sign!" Funny! I'm just glad it was him and not someone who would get belligerent or nasty. Also glad it wasn't a CHP that tend to come down that road to go back to headquarters. I have no excuse. I was aware I was running it when I ran it and have no idea why I didn't stop. I ALWAYS stop at stop signs. Yields I'll roll through, but stop signs mean stop. And I always stop. My grandson got out of his car and says, "Since when did you start running stop signs?" Smart aleck!!

We went to bed last night and I had my mask on because Michael was reading and all of a sudden the bed shook with him getting up quickly and then I realized he had gotten up to answer the phone (without my hearing aids I can't hear the phone ring). It turned out to be our daughter-in-law calling to tell us it was snowing. I got up and we turned on the porch lights and sure enough, it was snowing outside. It was so cold when I went out for my haircut that I thought it would snow before it would rain anymore. They had forecasted low snow and they were accurate. We're about 1200' elevation so we qualified. I'm kind of hoping it will snow a little this afternoon. It's fun when we get snow down this low because it's never dangerous on the roads and it just makes everything beautiful. Last year when it snowed it was like a winter wonderland. That is, until the neighbor drove into the vacant lot next to us and pealed (or is it peeled?) out, throwing reddish brown mud all over the pristine white snow. It made me so mad that he did that. I mean, really, what kind of a thrill does that give people anyway? Lucky for us Michael had gotten a couple pictures before he came along and ruined the scene. We are supposed to get more precipitation later today and during the night so we just might wake up to a blanket of snow again like last year. It's really rare to have snow at our elevation. My sisters got snow too over there on the other side of the river. They were without power off and on yesterday too so it was a good-sized outage.

If you haven't figured out by now, I'm not going to do a devotional today. I just thought I should let you know that I haven't retired, I've just been very busy and chances are I won't be back to my devotionals until Jan 3. Well, now that I think of it, it may be later than that as we have our big shopping day on the 4th and I don't usually have time to blog on those days. Then it will be Friday before I can blog. And then it's the weekend so gee, it may be awhile. Just keep checking because I will be back.

I got my bedding changed this morning and I'm on my third load of laundry. Now I need to get busy with the vacuum and duster. There's always something but with company coming there's even more than usual. So I think I should publish this and get busy doing things. Oh, before I do that, I have to tell you . . . I gained 5 more pounds!! Yikes!!! I'm really going to have to get serious about losing a little weight. This is ridiculous!!! (I love exclamation points, don't you? Ha! And I prefer "Ha" to "LOL"). Okay, now I'm going to go get busy. The dryer is probably ready to shut off any time now so that's another reason so say good-bye. I don't know when I'll get back to really blogging but hang in there, I will return.

No comments: